Saturday, June 22, 2013

Here's my number...

Last night while working squad, we had a student rider who was barely 18 with us...something that is not uncommon in EMS. This student rider was very enthusiastic, and hadn't taken his first call yet. Being a teacher at heart, I started to explain different things about EMS to him. He was around a rough crowd all afternoon, so I decided that I would be kind to him... He had been there since 1pm, and it was already 6pm, and he was anxious to go on a scene run. At 830 pm, we had our first run-a fall with injuries. Our rider was enthusiastic to help, so after I completed my assessment, I let the him take over. Later after arriving at the hospital, I was sitting down writing the report, and the rider comes up to me and sits down. He stutters and hands me an alcohol prep pad with his name and number written down on it and says "just in case you ever want to call or text me" and then walks away with the rest of the group. I thought that it was a very sweet and cute thing to do. I think that it is not going to work out, but thanks for the offer anyway.:) As I sit reflecting on this incident, it makes me wonder how many other guys that I am nice to that think that I am "interested" in...Life is an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment