Sunday, June 2, 2013

Watch out for the Salesperson!

It was a cloudy afternoon as I rushed out of my house to meet my sister and mom at the mall to get my nephew's three month old pictures taken. After we were done with the pictures, we all decided to go and walk around the mall. While walking with my little groupies, I got distracted by a pretty dress in a store. I was told to go ahead and browse around the little store and meet up with them later. I went into the store and discovered that the dress was too expensive, and entirely out of my price range. I quickly ran out of the store before I could get stopped by any of the salespersons there. I was no sooner out of the store, when I got stopped by a handsome young man holding a free sample of lotion. He asked me if I wanted the free sample of lotion, and I was anxious to continue on my way and said "sure." Right after I said "sure" he lured me in with his salesperson's tactics, and I was hooked. I am pretty sure that he showed me every single product that he and his vendor was selling, all of the while commenting on how beautiful I was, and flirting up a storm with me. I was annoyed/flattered by the attention. I kept trying to pull away from this costly stand of cosmetics, and this young man kept thinking of different ways to keep me there. He was piling product after product in my hands and trying to get me to buy the items. Finally I was so annoyed by this salesperson, that I settled on a $30 bar of soap. While I was going to check out, he swiftly stuck a $100 product in my hands, and took my credit card. Before I knew what happened, the purchase was finalized, and I was holding $130 worth of cosmetics in my hands.  I learned a lot that day, and this is one adventure that I never want to have to relive!

No comments:

Post a Comment